Monday

Marques Toliver

It happened like this...

in the summer of last year my friend Emilyne Mondo  and I were ambling around in East London's Brick lane (after some ill advised casting which neither of us were particularly suitable for) when I heard something special. It seemed to be coming from underneath the bridge. Recognising the sound immediately, Emilyne (already a huge fan of his) started running towards the cobbled street area, crying 'Oh, Marques is here...Yrsa, you have got to listen to him!'

I believe that there is nothing I can say to describe how beautiful I consider his music, short of giving you a little sample here. So that is all I will do, letting this incredible talent speak for himself.

Here he is on Jules Holland.



they talked... caught up...and then I sat in the sun and listened. He made me cry.

N.B Have seen him at gigs since and he is always wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment