Saturday

Memorable Work

I enjoy modeling. But I love books even more. So when award winning writer Andrea Levy asked me to be on the cover of her latest novel, The Long Song... it was the best thing ever.


I read this book in the summer in my little flat in London in just one sitting, before I knew that I was going to be on it! 

The Long Song is a story written in the form of a memoir of a slave in nineteenth century Jamaica and is a brilliant read. The lead character's haughty and mischievous tone and recollections are such that although it is a novel depicting the life and times of a slave and is certainly sad at times, the novel somehow manages to be hugely entertaining and in places, most amusing.  

I've been a fan of Andrea Levy's work ever since I read her award winning best seller 'Small Island'

Give them a read. She is wonderful.

1 comment: