Tuesday

Excuse the randomness...

It is the dead of night, and hot - too hot to sleep. I was stirred from sleep by a hungry mosquito and people partying hard over the road to songs like this



...which is really funny because I was in high school in a small town in the North of England when this song was released into the charts. Tommy's Bar opposite plays this type of thing all of the time.

Growing up in Chorley, Lancashire I did not imagine quite where I would be some ten years later and that some of my friends would be mothers of two and that some would be married, some would be doctors and teachers and lawyers...
but mainly that everyone grows up in one way or the other, because life happens.

I was supposed to be married to my African american poet/musician by now.

Still waiting.

Q. When you wake up in the middle of the night and hear partygoers outside do you wish you were there or turn over, thankful that you're wrapped up in a warm cosy bed and safe in the knowledge that you are missing absolutely nothing?

Me, I fear I'm getting old.

Going to drink some water. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment